What To Bring on Guided Trips
Avalanche Safety (Required)
- Avalanche beacon (3 antenna, w/ fresh batteries)
- Avalanche shovel
- Avalanche probe
- Avalanche Air Pack (optional)
*We can provide limited avalanche rescue equipment and ski equipment.
- Alpine touring or telemark ski equipment, or Splitboard equipment
- Climbing skins – must cover full width of ski base
- Helmet (Required)
- Medium-sized pack
- Hardshell, waterproof jacket
- Softshell jacket
- Hardshell pants
- Down or synthetic insulated jacket
- Synthetic/wool long underwear top
- Synthetic/wool long underwear bottom
- 2-3 pairs synthetic/wool socks
- Light fleece top
- Warm, waterproof gloves or mittens
- Lightweight gloves for hiking
- Warm hat
- Brimmed hat or visor
- Neck gaiter/balaclava
- Comfortable change of clothes for evening
Overnight at Hut
- Medium to large Duffel Bag or Backpack for items.
- Sleeping bag & Pillow,
- Headlamp w/ fresh batteries
- Toiletries, small towel
- Meds you might need (pain relief, cold, etc.)
- Water bottle 1-2L
- Cell phone and USB cord
- Music on your phone (Bluetooth to speakers or iphone plug)
Don’t short yourself we have the snowcat!
We take care of the rest! If you need to rent touring skis or avalanche safety gear, please contact us and we will be able to assist you.
What To Bring on Self-Guided Trips
Here’s a packing list if you’re doing a self-guided trip and staying at the Yurt.
- Backcountry ski equipment, including touring skis/split board, skins, and touring poles
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Warm synthetic winter gear in layers
- Winter survival gear including transceiver, shovel and probe
- USB auxiliary power pack for LED Lights
- iPod / music
- AA batt for speakers
- First aid gear
- Food. The Yurt may be stocked with basic spices.
- Coffee. Pour over coffee maker and filters provided.
- Fresh water