Webpage is a Work in Progress
Please call 916-494-9979 (Tim) or 530-412-1509 (Mike) for more information or to book a trip.
Come spend 5 days with us as we explore the trails and lakes of the amazing Emigrant Wilderness within the Stanislaus National Forest. Trips are catered to the experience level of the group.
Why High Sierra Snowcat & Yurts?
High Sierra Snowcat & Yurts have been safely operating winter operations for the past 8 years. Our guests have come to expect a high quality, fun experience in which they leave the wilderness with new memories and a desire to return each winter for more fun in the snowy Sierra. Many have asked if we do summer excursions. Well now we do and we want to share one of our favorite summer time locations within the Sierra with you.
Highlights of our trips include:
- All meals including “gourmet backpacking dinners”. These include fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Expert guides show you the way and help build your backpacking knowledge and experience in best practices.
- Itineraries include both on-trail and off-trail route finding to get to the best locations with the fewest people.
- One layover day at an isolated lake location to allow for exploration of nearby peaks, lakes, exceptional fishing, swimming, or simply just relaxing in a one of a kind location.
- Gear such as backpacks, tents, sleeping pads and/or sleeping bags are available for use.
- All group gear such as stoves, pots, etc are included.
- Small group sizes.
- The same fun and safety you are accustomed to from our winter experiences.
- Ideal for families, friends, or come alone and meet some new like-minded friends.
$1100 per person.
Bring a friend(s) and you each pay only $1000!
This covers all food prepared by your guide(s), any major necessary equipment that you may need for your trip, expert guide(s), travel to off-trail “secret” locations, expert tips and best techniques for staying safe and comfortable within the wilderness, and memories that will surely last a lifetime.
Trip dates 2021:
Please call or email for more specific details about each trip.
Trip 1: August 18-22
5 day trip with 1 layover day planned. Crabtree trailhead departure. Trips are subject to change.
Trip 2: September 2-6
5 day trip with 1 layover day planned. Shingle Springs trailhead departure. Trips are subject to change.
Additionally, we offer custom trips to fit your needs or availability. Just call to chat about that option.