Introduction to Backcountry Skiing and (AIARE) Avalanche Courses.
Whether you’re an experienced backcountry skier or a first timer in the backcountry we will cater your group to fit all levels. Introduction to backcountry skiing is a great way to refresh your AIARE skills and learn backcountry tricks of the trade.
And Now! You can earn CME and CEU credits in the field with Ski Guides and AIARE Certified Instructors!
Ski or snowboard for fun with expert guides or take an avalanche course taught by AIARE certified instructors. These courses will be based out of the yurt and will include classroom and field work. The snowcat will be used to access great terrain, the best snow conditions, and facilitate learning with an onboard AV system. All meals will be cooked by the guides.
CME/CEU Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Course Information
This course combines continuing medical education (CME & CEU) curriculum with an Introduction to Backcountry Skiing course. The didactic and field sections of the CME/CEU course are designed to provide medical professionals the knowledge and skills to apply their medical expertise in the winter wilderness environment. For more information please visit Tahoe Wilderness Medicine.
Student learning objectives:
At the end of the Backcountry course the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate increased awareness of medical problems unique to the wilderness and austere environments
- Prevent, diagnose and manage illnesses or injuries in the wilderness and/or remote location
- Promote increased awareness of safety and accident prevention in wilderness surroundings
- Companion rescue
- Safe travel techniques
- Snowpack assessment
- Intro to new equipment technology
- And more….
Course dates: (If you have your own private group please call and we can see if we can accommodate other dates with or without CE’s)
- CALL TO SET UP A PRIVATE COURSE 2021 (CME/CEU Course)
For more information and booking please call 530-412-1509 or book at Tahoe Wilderness Medicine. Class limited to six students.
Avalanche Course Information
We offer AIARE certification courses with or without CME/CEU to any interested group of 4 to 6 people (price per person adjustment for less than 4). CEs are provided in partnership with Tahoe Wilderness Medicine
The AIARE 1 is a three-day / 24-hour introduction to avalanche hazard management. (4 Days with Medical CE’s, call if interested)
Students can expect to develop a solid foundation in how to prepare for and carry out a backcountry trip, to understand basic decision making while in the field, and to learn rescue techniques required to find and dig up an avalanche victim.
Student learning objectives:
At the end of the AIARE 1 course the student should be able to:
- Develop a plan for travel in avalanche terrain.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify avalanche terrain.
- Effectively use the AIARE Decision Making Framework to make terrain choices in a group setting
- Demonstrate effective companion rescue.
Course dates: (If you have your own private group please call and we can see if we can accommodate other dates)
3 Day AIARE Level I Certificate $1200 + book/cert fee. Lodging, Snowcat, and Meals included – Call to book your trip 530-412-1509
CALL TO SET UP A PRIVATE COURSE
- For AIARE I with 10 hours of continuing medical education (CME/CEU) call 530-412-1509 or contact Tahoe Wilderness Medicine at 1-844-WILD-MED. Courses are 4 days, with Lodging, Snowcat, Meals included.
For more information and booking please call 530-412-1509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org